Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

No Sweat




One thing I really notice about Vancouver thus far is that I don't sweat very much. Maybe it's that it's usually in the seventies, but more likely it's that it's that the humidity isn't. In this photo, I just returned from a brisk fourteen-minute round trip to the store and I'm dry as a bone. If this were in Iowa, I'd have to change my shirt right now.






We had a great little lunch outing yesterday and I snapped a few iPad pictures for the sisters. I think Trisha will especially like the name of the little taqueria where we had a wonderful and cheap lunch.

 Pinche Tacos: 4 meat tacos $9.50; 4 veggie tacos: 7 bucks (loonies).

I especially liked the Rajas con Crema: roasted poblano peppers with creamed corn, sour cream, and cheese. The sauces and condiments were also amazing. 

This is actually our counter mate's order. We'd wolfed ours down by the time I thought to take a photo.

Right around the block is the Vancouver Film School. I think that might explain this filming of a modern Caesar (or is it Caligula?). Or maybe it's a toga baptism for some new-age religion, or perhaps a wedding. All I know is that most of the guys were sportin' Ray Bans.

Couldn't resist taking a shot through this shop's window. Thought of you, Marty. Unfortunately, they were closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW! Anyone can now post comments, even anonymous lurkers.