Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Moving Day

ABF moving company dropped off the cube as scheduled. When I opened it up, I was a bit taken aback by all the stuff we still have.  Next time, we're just taking the car.

Luckily, we have an empty two-bedroom apartment in which to put it.
Our new living room. Minimalist at this point.

The kitchen is no great shakes. Yes, gasp, it's an electric range. I'm going to have to learn to cook all over again.

The hallways give us a lot of art-hanging wall space. All the better to cover up the rather ugly eggplant paint on the right.

The mattress from the Ikea futon we bought, for a place to sleep the night before the cube arrived, and a future guest bed.  Yes, it is comfortable, so all you future guests take notice. Check back tomorrow for the assembling-Ikea-crap pics.

But a fraction of the boxes I hauled down the steps at the right. This is our front door and patio area.

We ended our first day in the new digs with a proper meal at this little Sichuan restaurant in the neighborhood.

The salt and pepper tofu was to die for. The garlicky Chinese broccoli (芥蓝 gailan) was perfectly cooked.
The veggie dumplings were killer.

Even the carnivore loved them.

5 comments:

  1. Where did all of those boxes come from?!? Where's tHe orange chair for the living room? Did you find the camera battery? Slough I'm liking the pics from the iPad....

    And again I'm hungry

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, eff. An electric range? I don't think you'll make it. I think you should take it up with the management. The Chinese food looked awesome. So did the beautiful carnivore eating it. I have had many "Who's going to drink Prosecco with me moments?" Miss you babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not related to your cube or food or carnivores...Kent was on kcci last night talking about what else but the film industry?

    To earthquake moments....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enough with the smiling already!!! It can't be THAT great there can it? Oh sure, you've got your picturesque surroundings, to die for food, beautiful weather, but where's the gas stove? Well? Hmmm? HA!! At least I can feel good about that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. I don't think the electric stove will work. We're coming home.

    ReplyDelete

NEW! Anyone can now post comments, even anonymous lurkers.