Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Almost Back

Last week we spent three lovely days just north of Gibsons, an hour ferry ride and three hour drive up the coast from Vancouver. This was all courtesy of our friends Donna and Jenn, who let us stay in their cottage next to Pender Hill (which I hiked up on Wednesday).

I would also like to encourage blog viewers to engage in conversation, even if the blog is a little dull. We do miss everyone and it's one way to connect.

Tomorrow, I hope to restart the blog in earnest from our new basement apartment on East 18th Avenue.
Yes, Patty was actually flipping me off. Seems my directions for this shot were too pointed.

Must be 'cause I'm from a land-locked place, but I do love my boats.

We liked the art at the Gumboot Restaurant in Roberts Creek, just north of Gibsons. The food wasn't bad either.

This little pub and restaurant was in an amazing little cove in Garden Bay (you can have a cove in a bay, right?) which is part of Pender Harbour. They have R & B Raven Cream Ale on tap and that's a great little beer. I've also enjoyed their Dark Star Oatmeal Stout.

Donna and Jenn's cottage next to Pender Hill. Slept well here, so cool and quiet.

Here's where I began my little jaunt up the Pender Hill Trail. Pretty much all up hill.



Still missing my camera but that doesn't stop me from attempting artsy shots like this close-up of Arbutus tree bark.

At last, the view from Pender Hill.

6 comments:

  1. So, how's the fishing, eh? You should try soakin' a line, just for the halibut.

    Have you noticed your Midwestern slipping away? You'll need to practice or you'll loose it, you know? "You bet." Dropin' your "g-s" on "ing." And, of course, the universal "[hot, wet, cold] 'nuf fer ya?"

    These are great:

    http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/75185340b579012e2f8e00163e41dd5b?width=900.0

    http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/7328ab60b579012e2f8e00163e41dd5b?width=900.0

    Take care (Oh! There's another one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how that second one rings true. There we were, two middle class middle age (I'm being generous here) liberals crossing the border in their Prius and seemingly fleeing the country. Maybe we are refugees if not fugitives.I suppose it depends on how one wants to colour things, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come we only hear about drinking but don't see it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it me, or does that Arbutus tree have nipples?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy. We don't want to ruin our reputations.

    ReplyDelete

NEW! Anyone can now post comments, even anonymous lurkers.